Saturday, April 19, 2008

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Does anybody else have a hard time getting your daughter to do what you ask? I swear me and Ashlynn fight at everything. Here's how the morning went today: Ashlynn woke up and was happy for about 5 minutes until Mark sat next to her. So she started crying. So Mark moved. Well then she wanted me to hold her and feed her oatmeal. Well I was making french toast so I told her no. So she freaked out even more. Plus she's old enough to do it herself. Then she needed to go to the bathroom and so I told her to go potty. Well I wouldn't carry her down to the bathroom so she was mad and wouldn't go potty and started crying even more. So Mark took her and got her calmed down. Then we went downstairs to get her dressed. I bought her like 6 new princess shirts and some sparkly pants so that she might get dressed. Anyway, I gave her like three outfis and told her to pick one. The outfit that she has on in the pictures is what we ended up with. None of the choices I had for her.
So I know this is turning into a big complaint (she peed her pants by the way because she wouldn't go potty) but I fight her over everything and I am tired of it. I know I don't have the best fashion sense (my most expensive shirt is a scout shirt after all) but I know what Ash has on looks awful. I'm just so frustrated. I know they say to pick your battles, and usually I just let Ashlynn go how she wants when we aren't going anywhere and sometimes when we are. It's just getting old and I don't know what to do. I need a manual for this parenting thing. I am just not cutting it..... aaaggghhh.... At least Austin is a good little boy and so happy!









7 comments:

Ashley said...

Her outfit doesn't look that bad. I don't know what to tell yah about the rest. But I do have a suggestion for the scout shirt...why don't you just buy a bedazzler and add a few sparkly jewels.
p.s. you're not giving me much hope for Halle!

Ashley said...

Austy looks cute in hats!! Probably because it covers his huge head!

Katie said...

I love it! This is the Lindsey I know and love. And I am right with ya!! This is why we wanted all boys, right?! Because girls are soooo emotional and independent. I keep telling myself there is no way Dani will be as hard as Jenna. But I think it's wishful thinking. Anyway, hang in there. I'm coming home in a few weeks and we can have a play date and let our girls cry and whine to each other and see how they like it!!!

Amber said...

Keep up the hard work and I totally know about the whole pick-your-battles thing! Some days are good and some aren't so great. Lately, I've just tried not to raise my voice every single moment! It takes a lot of focus :) Also, I've been just trying to stop and make some good memories everyday. Keep it up and hope to see you guys around the end of May when we pass through :)

me said...

Sounds like youve got parenting down!! I dont think it would be normal if our kids were just amazingly good all the time!! Hoooray for happy boys!

The Bullocks said...

I so know how you feel. That is so Bailee. I will tell you that she has toned down a TON in the last couple of years. I totally think it's an age thing. good luck. I can't wait to see you guys. p.s did I tell you we sold our house??? love ya

Unknown said...

linds - i think you are SCREWED......

but i still love you....

love the little jazz hat on AJ by the way....