Friday, April 25, 2008

no pictures- just some funny stories

So I just wanted to write down a couple of things Ashlynn has said. Mostly so I can remember later on in life when I'm older (older than 30- that is so old.)

Anyway, so the other day I was going through some old maid cards with Ashlynn and I was asking her what the pictures were on the cards. She would say, 'baseball player, mailman, doctor' and all that. When I held up the old maid card and asked her who it was, she said 'abuela' (grandma in spanish). It was so funny. She watches Dora so I know thats where she got it from, but I thought it was funny.

One more thing. I'll just write the conversation between Mark and Ash.

Ash: Dad where are you going?
Mark: to work
Ash: Why
Mark: So I can make money for you.

So Mark comes home from work and Ashlynn asks Mark what he has in his pocket, and Marks says 'my wallet' and she said, 'what's in your wallet?' and Mark says 'money' and Ash says, 'for me?'
It's not that funny except that everyday now she asks me if dad is at work making money for her.

Oh ya, and on a good note, for two days now Ashlynn has let me pick her clothes and she even keeps them on. Still a fight with her hair, but one step at a time.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Kids are so dang funny! I'm glad things are going better with the clothes selection and such. She seems like a little fire-cracker!

The Bullocks said...

that is really so cute. she has such a good memory. what a little smarty pants. I can't wait to see you guys.

Ashley Rae said...

Haha- I love that she asks Mark about the money being hers. She's learning how it works at a young age. Watch out when she's 14...

She remembered abuela? Holy cow- what a smart girl! That is adorable.