Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Sad Day

I have been dreading this day for a while now. And it finally came. I know it sounds like devestating news (and I believe it is) but I just like to make it sound a lot more dramatic than it really is.
So last night Austin didnt want to go to bed so Mark had to put him to bed screaming. Well I was in the next room listening to Austin scream and about 30 seconds later I hear the door open. I think to myself, 'why did mark go in and get him. He never does that.' And so I look in the hall and there is Austin. He climbed out, opened the door, and came out.
Honestly, I am surprised it didnt happen sooner. Since this unfortunate event last night, Austin also woke up at 5:30 am this morning to greet me at the door. He has the 'getting out of the crib' thing down.
This morning when my mom got up, Austin pointed at the crib and said, 'I got out.' So now begins a whole new stage of how to get Austin to bed and more importantly how to get him to stay there.
Please somebody, tell me an EASY solution.

5 comments:

Jordan Ormond said...

That is a very sad day. I say you duct tape him in after he's asleep. That will at least buy you a little more sleep time in the morning while he tries to figure out how to get out.

Katie said...

I read this yesterday and had a dream last night that Dani climbed out of her crib too. NO THANKS!! Good luck. I wish I had some advice, but of course I don't. I hope you got some sleep last night!

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry that is not fun! I'm dreading the day Emery climbs out! He is so dang cute though!

ann michele said...

oh man that stinks.....:o(

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

That is sad news I remember when both my kids did that @ 18 months! I thought the world was going to end. I am surprised it didn't happen sooner for you though. We had to put a lock on Kolt's door, crazy kid. Been climbing out of his crib for 6 months.