Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dear Nanny 911

Dear Super Nanny-

Please help me! I dont know what to do with my little Austin. He is 16 months old and has never been a very good sleeper. I don't know what to do. I am desperate for help!
He has been getting up between one and three times a night and usually wont go back to bed. Since he hasnt been sleeping well anyway, we decided to take his binkey away and let him cry it out per doctor's suggestion. He will do good for a couple of nights (only getting up once and usually going back to bed) but recently he has been getting up, screaming, and wont go back to bed, waking everyone up.
I'm sure I have made my share of mistakes as a parent, but I dont know what else to do. Please, please help me.

Signed,

please come to my house

8 comments:

Jordan Ormond said...

GIVE THE BINKEY BACK!!!

signed,
Not-so-Supper Nanny

The Bullocks said...

ohhhh so sad. poor poor lindsey.

Unknown said...

dude....avery will be 2 in march and she will not sleep all night long in her crib. SHE HATES THE CRIB. so we put her to bed well technically i let her fall asleep watching elmo at about 9 or 10 o'clock at night and then i put her either in the crib or on dani's bed (with a pillow, she seems to like pillows) but she ALWAYS wakes up by 330 and will not go back to sleep unless she sleeps in our bed. it's crappy. she's never ever liked that crib....even when she was a tiny baby. she likes the warm feel of sleeping next to someone. so well sorry to hear that about austin....i'm stuck over here not knowing what to do either. avery will not cry herself to sleep. she will scream and scream until she loses her voice but will not go to sleep -

Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry! That is not fun! I wish I knew what to tell ya!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh yuck. Sleep deprivation. This is the reason I will probably on have one kid. I value my sleep too much.

I'm sorry... hopefully nanny 911 reads your blog and then comes to your house. Then Austin will sleep through the night AND you'll be famous :D

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

I say two things... one ask him to throw it away or let him have it but cut the tip off. Good luck!

Candie said...

When you figure out the sleeping through the night thing, let me know OR we could do a Nanny 911 two for the price of one and she can come to my house too!

Let's get together soon!

The Peterson Bunch said...

All right cut through the crap. It's time to get rid of him. You had a good run but lets face the facts it's just no working out.

love

His dad